Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A Shit Leopard Can't Change Its Spots|
Jim evicts Ricky for contract violations.
June 8, 2003
Travel Agent (Francine Deschepper)
When Ricky gets cheated out of his cruise ticket and ejected from Sunnyvale, he goes on a crime spree with the intent of getting sent back to jail.
Plot Synopsis Edit
While paddleboating on the lake, Ricky and Trinity decide to have an impromtu 'Christmas' because Ricky was in jail for many previous holidays. He discovers his tire is flat, and teaches Trinity how to steal another.
Act One Edit
Bubbles and Ricky talk about the upcoming cruise, but Ricky says he will miss Trinity while he is gone. At the travel agent, the boys discover that Ricky doesn't have a ticket since no one could get a hold of him to confirm his booking. Ricky discovers that Officer Erica Miller is going on the cruise and that it's too late to get himself a ticket. He storms out.
Ricky decides to make Cory and Trevor raise the ticket money for Ricky and sends them out to find an ATM to steal. Then Ricky, Julian, Bubbles and Trinity have 'Christmas dinner' but are interrupted by Jim Lahey and the cops, including Erica. Ricky is being ejected from the park for breach of his lot contract. He says goodbye to Trinity and chucks the turkey at a cop car. They escort him to the park gate where he chews out Julian for dating Erica. He vows to go back to jail today, since he has nowhere else to go.
Act Two Edit
Ricky does a gas 'n' go from the garage where Jacob works and Jacob calls the police. Ricky leaves, Julian arrives and bribes Jacob to call back saying it was a false alarm. Ricky then parks at a local plaza and starts firing his gun in the air, instructing anyone within earshot to call the cops. Julian catches up to him and tells him behave. Ricky refuses to go on the cruise if Erica will be there. Julian tells Ricky to meet him back at the park and leaves, but instead Ricky drives to a police station and throws bottles at it, not knowing it's been closed for repairs.
Meanwhile, Cory and Trevor hold up a laundromat and make off with a payload of quarters. They steal a truck to make their getaway. Julian tries to convince Erica to get along with Ricky but she says Ricky's a loser and Julian needs to hang out with better people. Cory and Trevor bring their money to Julian, but it's not enough and he sends them back out.
Ricky breaks into a closed liquor store and Bubbles catches him in the act. He calls Julian and they both get Ricky out of the building. hey restrain him with duct tape him and destroy the security footage of the robbery. On their way home, they are pulled over by a patrol car and the shitmobile is towed away (probably for being an unsafe vehicle), leaving them at the side of the road. Making their way back in Julian's car, Lahey meets them at the gate and Ricky tries to get back into the park on foot. Lahey calls Erica and Ricky asks her to take him to jail. Instead she sends him off the premises in a taxi.
He meets up with Cory and Trevor at the ATM machine and they yank it out of the store using the stolen truck and a rope.
Act Three Edit
Julian and Bubbles see Ricky driving past them into the park, dragging the ATM behind them. They are apprehended by Lahey and Randy after they drive through the gate in the truck. The cops are called again. Ricky sees Trinity rolling a tire she has just stolen and feels guilty about teaching her this particular skill. He demands she bring the tire back. When he meets up with Julian and Bubbles he says he cannot go on the cruise because he needs to spend time with Trinity so she won't grow up badly.
Julian tries to extract the cash from the ATM, but when Randy and Lahey try to stop him, the seal explodes, spraying everyone but Julian with blue security dye. Erica Miller arrives and Lahey and Randy are arrested. Erica confronts Julian about his possible involvement and Julian tries to convince her he's innocent, but she isn't convinced so he is also arrested.
Two weeks later, Julian is in jail and operating the library cart. Lahey is looking forward to getting out of jail so he can kill Ricky. Back at the park, Ricky has become the Trailer Park Supervisor and Bubbles is his assistant. The cruise tickets have gone to Cory, Trevor, Sarah, Lucy and Bubbles, who are seen waving from the ship.
- This episode further explores that the shit talk use by Lahey is also used by the police department, when Erica Miller observes that "a shit leopard can't change its spots"
- It has never been explained what would have happened with Trinity had things gone according to plan, and both Ricky and Lucy could have gone on the cruise. Trinity clearly was not going, as there was no ticket for her (nor an attempt to get one), suggesting she would have gone to stay with Ray or Lucy's Mother. The fact that Ricky elected to not attend the cruise because of Trinity gives clear evidence to this fact, particularly in light of her stealing.
- While not explained either way, Erica Miller likely did not go on the cruise, she wasn't seen at the end of the episode with Lucy, Sarah, Cory, Trevor and Bubbles.
- For the first time within the series, Ricky does not go to jail during the 'big bust', as he had gone to the mall to return the tire that Trinity "borrowed" As Mr. Lahey and Randy do, the position of Trailer Park Supervisor opens, and Ricky's experience as temporary relief assistant trailer park supervisor clearly makes him qualified for the job. Despite later assertions to the contrary, this will be the fourth instance of legitimate employment he's held either prior to, or during the series.
- While in jail, Julian shows that he continues to abide by the "power of positive thinking" by making the best of his situation, and not dwelling on the fact he did not go on the cruise. It also appears that he works within the prison library, and delivers books to the prisoners, which includes Lahey and Randy. Attentive viewers could also notice, that while Julian politely hands everyone their books, when it comes to Lahey and Randy, Julian tosses the books into the cell and tells Randy to "fuck off" when the latter greets him.
Lahey can be seen to still have dye on his face from when the ATM's security measure exploded and showered blue dye on everyone. Its faded nature suggests he's made several attempts to wash it away, but still has not gotten rid of it all.
"...Now she's at this age where it's gorilla see gorilla do..."
"...Then you and your little boyfriend can live happy hour ever after...
Lahey's Shit Talk Edit
"When a shit-apple falls from a tree and grows up in a field of shit, It doesn't have any choice. Just like Trinity. She's gonna grow up to be a shit-apple tree, just like her father."
"How long do you think it'll take your cop-girlfriend to realize you can't change the spots on a shit-leopard?
|Previous Episode:||Next Episode:|
|"The Delusions Of Officer Jim Lahey"||"Never Cry Shitwolf"|