Julian pet-sits for Mrs. Peterson, his adopted grandmother, Ricky makes pot brownies and gets shot twice.
Plot Synopsis Edit
Act One Edit
Julian shaves in his trailer and tells us about Mrs. Peterson, an elderly woman that Julian has adopted as his own grandmother. He says that he is going to watch her dog while she goes in for surgery. When he goes to pick up the dog, she eyes his highball and sweetly suggests that he not drink so much.
Returning home, he checks his messages. One is from Ricky asking him for a ride somewhere; in the background we hear Lucy nagging at him about babysitting Trinity until a shouting match ensues. When Julian goes to pick them up, Lucy and Ricky are arguing about his idea to leave Trinity with Ray for the afternoon (last time she was there, she 'had a few drinks' and Lucy wasn't impressed).
We hear Sarah's take on Ricky's 'brownie operation' and then see Ricky and Julian enter an underground passageway to buy a pound of pot for the recipe. Once again, the film crew cause problems with their very presence, as the dealer reacts to the cameras and begins shooting. After subduing the situation, Ricky sends the camera crew away and conducts the deal.
Returning to the park, they are stopped by Jim and a makeshift gate at the entrance for a spot check. He tries to search them and the truck, but an argument ensues. Jim warns them that they are still both on probation, Julian makes a comment about Jim still pretending to be a cop. As an aside, we hear Jim confirming that he did used to be one, but he doesn't want to talk about it. Finally, Ricky forcibly pushes the gate open and the pair gain entrance to the park.
Before dropping Ricky off, Julian tries to pay Ricky to look after the dog while he goes to the DMV, and Ricky says he's too busy. Julian tells him he has to do it anyway and puts the camera crew in charge of filming Ricky to make sure he does.
Act Two Edit
While making the brownies at Ray's place, Ricky finds a gun in a drawer and fires it off to test it. Cory and Trevor show up asking for brownies, and Ricky sends them away. While they are leaving, he discovers that the dog has eaten the whole batch of pot brownies, so he tries to call Julian. While he's on the phone, Trinity picks up the gun and accidentally shoots him in the ass. Julian shows up and demands to see the dog. Ricky blames Cory and Trevor for the shooting. Lahey arrives and surveys the situation, and then rushes off to find Randy to handle it.
Ricky wants Julian to drive him to the hospital. Julian vetoes this idea because then the cops will get involved. Instead he wants to go to a friend called Levi. Julian says that if the dog dies because of the pot, he will let Ricky bleed to death.
Act Three Edit
Once Ricky and Julian arrive at Dr. Losco's office, he gives Julian the keys to his truck and tells them if they agree to steal a riding lawnmower from a delinquent client's barn, he will take care of the dog and the bullet in Ricky's ass, pro bono. Losco gives the dog some medicine and performs the surgery on Ricky.
At the barn, they break in and steal the mower, enlisting the help of the boom mic operator. While leaving the premises, the owner of the property discovers the theft and starts shooting at them with his rifle. He hits Ricky and the soundman with the first bullet, inflicting minor wounds, and they all flee the scene.
Before returning to Losco, they drop the unconscious soundman at the entrance to the emergency room. Ricky tries to get medical attention for himself before Julian talks him out of it. Back the vet office, Losco once again removes a bullet from Ricky's body.
Returning to the park, they are stopped by Jim again, he suspects something is going on, and implies that he will be there to see them go down when they eventually screw up. After a few words they are eventually let through. Ricky goes to Lucy's trailer, and she is pissed at him for being late, and the fact that Trinity came back from Ray's drunk again. As things heat up, she orders the film crew out of her trailer.
Julian returns the dog to Mrs. Peterson, and she reveals to him that she didn't have surgery after all, it was a ploy to allow her to go shopping for his birthday present. Back at home, Julian gets three messages. The first is from Ricky saying that Lucy broke up with him and he wants someone to get drunk with. The second is from Mrs. Peterson saying the dog is acting funny, and wonders if he gave it liquor. The last message is from the sound man saying that he is okay, that Julian saved his life, and asks that he not be fired because 'this is the best job I've ever had.'
Image Gallery Edit
- The overheard argument between Ricky and Lucy on Julian's answering machine is a throwback to a similar scene in the original Trailer Park Boys movie.
- This is the first appearance of the bottle kids. They fire bottles at Julian's truck after returning from Losco's office the second time.
- Also, this is the first instance of a Knock Knock Joke from Ricky. (see below)
- This is one of the few episodes in which Bubbles does not appear.
- This episode goes to show how big Julian's heart is, with his affections for Mrs. Peterson, and also his concern over the well-being of an animal. He goes through great lengths to get Mrs. Peterson's dog medical attention, even threatening Ricky with physical harm if something should happen to the dog. This is, of course, in direct opposition to the events of Trailer Park Boys (1999) where Julian was able to heartlessly execute animals when acting in his capacity as a pet assassin with Ricky, although possible he turned to like animals at the end of the film where he refused to kill Patrick's dog.
- It's entirely clear whether or not it actually is Julian's birthday in this episode; Ricky, Lucy and Trinity make no reference to it. Mrs. Peterson is earlier hinted to have memory problems, being certain that Julian is her grandson (and by Julian's own admission, he is not), although this may have been just because he feels like one to her.
- Ricky is shot not once, but twice in this episode within hours of each other, in unrelated incidents. Sam Losco notes that he has seen this one other time, and that "he was a real dick"
Ricky's Knock Knock Jokes Edit
- Ricky: Hey Lahey, knock knock.
- Lahey: Who's there, Rick?
- Ricky: Mr. Stupidy-head who's pissin' me off right now, thinks he's the captain of the shit-liner, and by the way your fish stick suck so fuck off. Open the gate.
Lahey's Shit Talk Edit
"The old shit liner's coming to port, and I'll be there to tie her up."
|Previous Episode:||Next Episode:|
|"Mr. Lahey's Got My Porno Tape"||"I'm Not Gay, I Love Lucy... Wait A Second, Maybe I Am Gay"|